A sentence has two parts that are main a topic and a predicate.
- The subject that is simple whom or just just what the phrase is approximately. (underlined in instance)
- The subject that is complete all of the words within the topic. (boldfaced in instance)
The black colored cat chased the white dog across the yard.
- The predicate that is simple exactly exactly what the niche is or does. (underlined in instance)
- The complete predicate is all the words when you look at the predicate. (boldfaced in instance)
The black pet chased the white dog all over garden.
The key Notion Of A phrase
A subject that is simple a simple predicate kind the main notion of a phrase. The straightforward topic additionally the easy predicate can standalone being a sentence that is complete. The further from the idea that is main sentence moves, the more confusing the writing becomes for your reader. Therefore, be clear and direct. Make sure your idea that is main is you really intend as the primary concept when you look at the phrase.
- The easy topic may be the primary noun or pronoun within the subject that is complete.
- The straightforward predicate may be the primary verb into the predicate that is complete.
A phrase formed with merely a simple subject and simple predicate and some modifiers or phrases is named a sentence that is simple.